Saturday, March 15, 2014

I'm BOOKED!!

I just booked a 90 day stay in Israel. No big deal. I take trans-continental flights that stop for gas twice in Europe before finally settling in Asia all the time.  
Just Kidding.  I'm freaking out. 

The official date of departure is May 13 from Houston, TX.  First stop is in Paris, France but I have only enough time to scurry through EU customs and onto my connecting space bullet.  The next stop is in Rome, Italy, and I have 22 hours to waste! I certainly cannot see all of Rome in a day, but this will hopefully give me enough time to see the Coliseum and the Pantheon... so prepare yourselves for the "When in Rome..." jokes. From Rome, I'll take a short four hour flight to Tel Aviv; arriving two days later on May 15.  I will then sleep for a very, very long time. 

It's gonna' be awesome. 

I could not be more excited.  Now that my dates and itinerary are set, it's time to start accumulating supplies. Neck pillow, huge suitcase, us to euro light socket converters, fanny pack (you ain't pickpocketin' me!), etc. 

A special shout out to Art Mata and Gary Crump for donating to my trip on http://www.gofundme.com/7hr8yc!! Thank you guys so, so, so much!! Together, they have raised $110 to help me pay for said light socket converters and fanny pack! I promised them a jar of sand from the Red Sea in return (plus a song and dance via Skype...but the more I think about that, the more it seems like a punishment).  
Art and Uncle Gary are the greatest. 

Time to bid farewell. There's a stack of obligations and property law homework staring at me from across the room. So pushy. But first, raise your glasses to my largest purchase...maybe ever.  I should be mourning the death of my checking account but, instead, I celebrate the insanely exciting summer that awaits.  and homework. homework awaits. 

Shalom, Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment