Thursday, June 5, 2014

Working for a Living

So, questions have been raised about whether I'm getting any work done here in Israel, or rather just vacationing my heart away.  Well, I hate to burst the bubble, but it isn't just camels and ocean over here, ya'll.  I have a job. And it is hard. And awesome. And it doesn't translate that well into photographs, if you know what I mean. 

I am the head of my "project", which is drafting a report on Israel's implementation on the UN treaty Convention on the Rights of the Child.  My final draft is due July 7th so that my boss, Galit, can send it to the UN headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland and New York for review before final submission. So, no pressure.  I'm not sure if I'm allowed to show you guys any of my actual work, but its technical and would probably bore your pants off anyways.  But if your into this sort of thing, it is really cool! 

In an effort to prove to my Dad that it isn't all butterflies and rainbows over here, I am going to walk you through a typical workday.

At 6:05 a.m., I leave the kibbutz. It takes about 2 hours via the bus to get to my work.

The bus stop where I get off in Tel Aviv 
My view every morning
This is a"mobile library" parked outside my work
Streetview
Recycling bins are everywhere!
Walking into my office building
Buzz #13 for UNICEF
Directions to our office. Too bad for me, they're in Hebrew!
The previously mentioned stairs to the left.
Creep City.
Almost there!
We made it!
Seating area for guests
Our beautiful receptionist, Kim!
Where the magic happens.
I love my boss and my co-workers. It is so cool to be working on something that matters on such a global scale.  And Galit plans to take me to the Knesset to meet with some of the members of the Israeli legislator! Super. Awesome.  That's about all the work news I have.

Yaniv and Robin took me to the Old City of Jerusalem today, soooo.... here are the pics :)



Love and miss you guys!! 

Shalom, Ya'll!

1 comment: