Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Growing Pains

"Our lives begin to end the day the day we become silent about things that matter." -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm suffering from some serious growing pains. As I become more cultured, educated, blah blah blah, the more I realize that many things are not as I thought they were. Or, rather, they are not as I was taught to think they were. I'm realizing that people will say things without knowing if those things are true. And people will choose not to educate themselves about a topic out of fear that they might learn they're wrong. How stupid? How frustrating?

Anyways, I digress. On an unrelated (except completely related) note, I wrote the following report during my internship with the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition on Louisiana's addiction to incarceration. If you're interested in becoming more educated about the criminal justice system in the US, please read it. (Click here for my report)

Peace, love, and justice, ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment